Does Safeway Have A Senior Discount?
It appears that Safeway doesn’t have a nationwide senior discount program. However, a number of third parties – like Join Cake – claim that Safeway discounts prices for seniors on the first Wednesday of the month.
Like with a lot of grocery stores we’ve had the chance to check out in our past guides, the availability of Safeway senior discounts – like the one mentioned above – depends on the location. You’ll have to ask at your nearest Safeway supermarket to confirm that they do indeed offer senior discounts.
Are There Other Ways To Save With Safeway?
A senior discount once a month may not be the most exciting proposition. But even if you don’t find any good senior deals at your local Safeway supermarket, know that there are other ways to save!
Promo code deals
Check the promo code web page on the Safeway website – Safeway refreshes it weekly. To use a promo code, just enter it in the promo code field at checkout in your online Safeway cart.
Buy One Get One Free
With the Buy One Get One Free promotion, you basically get a 50% discount when purchasing 2 eligible items. Check out the promotion webpage, see what’s available, and add 2 items to redeem the offer.
Just For U perks
Just For U members get access to a wide range of perks, including but not limited to:
- Hundreds of digital coupons that you may add to your account for later use.
- Exclusive free items.
- Reward points that you may use to save on fuel or get cash discounts on Safeway purchases.
Regarding reward points, you get 1 point for every dollar spent on groceries and pharmacy. Every dollar spent on gift cards gives you 2 points. 1 point allows you to get 10 cents off per gallon of fuel, and you may redeem up to $1.00 per gallon of savings.
Interesting facts about Safeway:
- In March 2014, Albertsons announced that it would acquire Safeway – the second-largest mainstream grocery store in the US at the time – for $9.4 billion. In early 2015, the merger between Safeway and Albertsons was finalized, creating a network of 2,230 stores around the country.
- As of January 19, 2021, Safeway had 890 locations in the US – most of them in the country’s west.
- Safeway began experimenting with home delivery way back in 2002! Long before it became the common option it is today.
* Photo by Coolcaesar on English Wikipedia. Licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License Version 1.2 or older and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported. Resized and cropped from original.