KFC is perhaps the most famous chicken-oriented chain in the world, but some people prefer Popeyes, one of the reasons being the juicy deals. Find out more below!
Does Popeyes Have A Senior Discount Policy?
Popeyes doesn’t appear to have an official senior discount program, but since most of this chain’s locations are franchise-operated, terms will differ between restaurants.
One source claims that Popeyes offers a 10% discount for customers aged 55 and up in Louisiana. Just in case, call your local Popeyes to inquire about discounts – there probably will indeed be a senior discount, but you should check ahead anyway.
How Else Can You Save With Popeyes?
Popeyes regularly runs promotions to help you save. The savings programs offered by Popeyes aren’t as diverse as with Kroger or Fry’s, but you still have options.
Check out Popeyes offers web page to find the latest info. At the moment of this guide’s writing, some of the live offers were as follows:
- Free order special. Free chicken sandwich with purchases of $10 and more.
- Delivery special #1. $18 double sandwich combo with 2 chicken sandwiches, 2 regular sides, 2 biscuits, and 2 small drinks.
- Delivery special #2. $12 tender combo with 6 tenders, 2 regular sides, and 2 biscuits.
- Delivery special #3. $12 signature chicken combo with 5 chicken pieces, 2 regular sides, and 2 biscuits.
- $6 tenders combo. 3 tenders, regular side, biscuit, and a small drink.
- $24.99 14 pcs family meal. 14 pieces of chicken, 2 large sides, and 7 biscuits.
- Free large side with a purchase of family meals.
Details and qualifying meals may change in the future, so be sure to keep an eye on Popeyes website.
Interesting facts about Popeyes:
- On May 15, 2020, Popeyes opened its doors in China. Popeyes’ venture in China was a resounding success, with hour-long lines forming outside of the flagship Shanghai restaurant shortly after its opening.
- A few years back, Popeyes paid a whopping $43 million to purchase many of its core ingredients’ recipes from Diversified Foods and Seasonings. As a result, Popeyes no longer has to pay $3.1 million annual royalties.
- Alvin Copeland – the founder of Popeyes – originally established Popeyes in 1972 under the name of “Chicken on the Run”. This restaurant served Southern-fried chicken. Due to weak commercial performance, the restaurant was reopened as Popeyes – and this time, Copeland focused on spicy, New Orleans-styled chicken.
* Photo by Phillip Pessar on Flickr. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic. Resized and cropped from original.