Looking to travel soon? Senior discounts at Marriott hotels may interest you!
Does Marriott Have A Senior Discount?
Yes, Marriott does indeed have a senior discount program. Marriott offers discounts to guests over the age of 62. The discount may vary depending on the season, destination, and other factors.
To be eligible for a senior discount, you need:
- To reserve the room in your name.
- Have identification upon check-in.
You may book a room with a senior discount on the Marriott website or via the Marriott Bonvoy mobile app – follow the instructions on the senior discount program webpage.
Any Other Ways To Save With Marriott?
In case you are an avid traveler, you will be happy to find out that Marriott offers a few other ways to save!
Marriott Bonvoy rewards
Bonvoy is Marriott’s loyalty and reward program. Members get access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Reduced member rates.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Mobile check-in.
The Marriott loyalty program is tiered – you get bigger benefits as you spend more and more nights per year at Marriott hotels. As you go up the ladder, you receive access to more and more perks, like:
- Up to 75% Points bonus.
- Late checkout.
- Lounge access.
- Guaranteed room type.
- Dedicated elite support.
Best Rate Guarantee
To make use of this program, you need to first make a reservation via an official Marriott reservation channel. Then, if you find a lower rate for the same hotel, the same room type, and the same reservation dates on a non-Marriott website, you may submit a Best Rate claim.
If the claim is approved, you’ll get a lower rate plus either a 25% extra discount on the room (20% for Design Hotels) or 5,000 Bonvoy Points.
Marriott occasionally runs resort deals throughout the year – you may check them out at the Marriott website. As of this post’s writing, Marriott offered 20% off at participating resorts.
Interesting facts about Marriott:
- As of December 21, 2020, Marriott International operated 7,500 properties under 30 brands in 132 countries and territories.
- Marriott International was the second largest hotel company in the world by the number of properties after Wyndham Hotel Group as of June 2020. Marriott had 7,484 properties, while Wyndham 9,280.
- As of 2019, there were nearly 38 million Marriott hotel rooms worldwide. And interestingly, between 2015 and 2016, the number of Marriott rooms increased sharply from about 760 thousand to about 1.19 million.