Macy’s pricing policy is fairly pocket-friendly by itself, but can you save even more? Find out on our Macy’s discount & savings guide!
Is There A Macy’s Senior Discount?
As of of the time of this writing, Macy’s didn’t offer any special discounts for seniors. There were no veteran/military discounts either.
How Can I Get A Macy’s Discount?
First up, check out the deals web page on the Macy’s website. There, you’ll find details of current promotions. For convenience, deals are organized by category, so if you are looking for something specific, you should be able to easily find relevant deals.
The second major way to save with Macy’s is to apply for the Star Rewards program. Rewards members get a percentage of their spending back in rewards, plus other benefits like free shipping with no minimum, member-exclusive offers, and more.
Note that Star Rewards has four membership tiers, with lower tiers offering more limited sets of perks. To upgrade to a higher tier and get access to better benefits, you’ll need to get a Macy’s credit card and make purchases with it.
Note that the Macy’s rewards program has certain limitations and exclusions.
Finally, you could shop at Macy’s Backstage discount stores. Backstage stores offer off-price items, some of which are no longer sold at regular Macy’s stores.
How Do I Find A Macy’s Discount Store Near Me?
How Do I Get The 25 Off Macy’s App?
The Macy’s app is available on App Store (for Apple devices) and Google Play (for Android devices). To get access to 25% off deals, visit this web page – you’ll find links to the app at the top.
According to the Macy’s customer service center, the extra 25% off deal applies to “select regular, sale & clearance clothing & accessories.” The 25% mobile app discount excludes certain items, however – you’ll find a full list of exclusions in Macy’s customer service center.
Can I Stack Coupons At Macy’s?
Macy’s typically doesn’t allow buyers to combine deals or stack coupons.
Does Macy’s Price Match?
Macy’s has a price adjustment policy – you can find more details here. Essentially, if an item’s price is reduced within 10 days of when you purchase it, Macy’s will refund the difference. There are certain limitations and exclusions though – make sure to read the program terms to learn more.
Interesting facts about Macy’s:
- Since 1924, Macy’s has held a Thanksgiving Day Parade nearly every year. Participants in the parade have included Macy’s employees, their families, friends, or anyone who had a relationship with the parade’s organizers, according to Chicago Tribune.
- According to CNN, the first radio broadcast of the Thanksgiving Day Parade took place in 1932. The first TV broadcast took place in 1946.
- On May 17, 2021, The Mercury News reported that model Chrissy Teigen’s cookware line had disappeared from the Macy’s website. This happened after she had admitted cyberbullying a 16 years old teen for marrying 50 years old actor Doug Hutchison.
- In April 2021, a union representing Macy’s employees scored a victory in challenging a self-checkout feature in the Macy’s mobile app. This happened after 600 employees (who had commission-based pay) at six Boston area and Rhode Island stores had filed a grievance against the company.
* Photo by Phillip Pessar on Flickr. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic. Resized and cropped from original.