Is There A Lowe’s Senior Discount?
Lowe’s, unfortunately, doesn’t have a senior discount program, and it doesn’t hold senior days. There are other ways to save with this home improvement chain, however – read on to find out more!
Any Other Ways To Save With Lowe’s?
Lowe’s offers a 10% discount on eligible items to active and reserve military members. To be able to make use of this discount, you need to create a Lowe’s account.
There is a number of limitations and eligibility criteria – read more here. All in all, Lowe’s provides discounted prices to active and reserve members of the:
- US Army.
- US Marine Corps.
- US Navy.
- US Air Force.
- US Coast Guard.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- United States Public Health Service (USPHS).
- National Guard.
Active members and veterans are eligible for the military discount. Lowe’s defines veterans as follows:
“Veteran” includes all individuals who are retired from the US armed forces or who have been discharged (e.g., honorable, under honorable conditions, general). Individuals dishonorably discharged or discharged for bad conduct are not eligible to receive a Military Discount.
The discount can be applied to most full-price products in-store or online, but it can’t be combined with any other offer and can’t be used toward gift cards, previous purchases, shipping, taxes, or other fees.
For a full list of exclusions, read here.
Regular deals & discounts
Lowe’s frequently runs promotions – make sure to keep an eye out for them to save another dollar or two.
On the savings page, you can find links to deals such as:
- Percent-off discounts (reaching as high as 40%).
- Special one-day-only discounts.
- “Buy one, get one” deals.
You should also check your local store’s weekly ad – you will find many offers specific to your store there. You may need to select your store manually – just plug in your ZIP code and choose your store from the list.
Deals may be featured on Lowe’s YouTube channel as well, though the channel is more focused on DIY guides and whatnot.
Lowe’s credit cards
Lowe’s Advantage Card offers a number of perks to consumers, including 5% off purchases made with the card. Additionally, for purchases of $299 or more, you will pay no interest if you pay for the product in full within six months. Terms apply, of course.
The Advantage Card is a no-fee credit card – if you don’t know what this is, read our guide over here.
Lowe’s also has credit cards for businesses with benefits like 365-day returns, discounted delivery, and 5% discounts.
Some products at Lowe’s come with a rebate – view available rebates here. Rebate amounts typically range from 5% to 10% and may exceed $1,000 with really big purchases.
After making an eligible purchase, you’ll need to submit a rebate application through the rebate center.
Lowe’s Price Match Guarantee
Lowe’s has a price match guarantee, which works a lot like Walmart’s offer. If you find a product from a local or online retailer at a lower price than at Lowe’s, Lowe’s will reduce the price to match the competitor’s offer.
There are some exclusions though – make sure to give the price match guarantee page a good read to find out more. Among other things, items must be in stock through both Lowe’s and the competitor and must be identical.
Lowe’s vs Home Depot
Finally, to learn more about Lowe’s main competitor, Home Depot, you can view the article we did on their discounts and deal here. Or, check out the video embedded below.
Interesting facts about Lowe’s:
- Lowe’s has 1,727 locations in 51 states and territories. Texas has the most number of Lowe’s stores of any state – 142, or 8% of all Lowe’s locations in the US.
- In 2020, Lowe’s funded $25 million in grants to support minority businesses and help them reopen. Lowe’s CEO Marvin Ellison called on his fellow CEOs to do their part in helping small businesses keep going.
- In 2016, Fortune ranked Lowe’s current CEO Marvin Ellison as the world’s 19th greatest leader. Back then, Ellison was the CEO of department store chain C. Penney. Under Ellison, the company improved store layouts, fixed e-commerce operations, and dealt with its huge debt.
Finally, here’s a very thorough video from ‘The Deal Guy’ on YouTube on the topic of Lowe’s vs Home Depot and which chain offers the better deals:
* Photo by Miosotis Jade on Wikimedia Commons. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International. Resized and cropped from original.