Is There A Harris Teeter Senior Discount?
Ask the cashier for the discount if you qualify. Note that the offer applies after all coupons and VIC discounts are deducted from the product price. The Harris Teeter (HT) senior discount also can’t be used toward fuel, pharmacy, tickets, and gift cards.
Other Ways To Save With Harris Teeter
If 5% once a week doesn’t seem like a whole lot to you, don’t worry – Harris Teeter has a few other ways to save!
e-VIC membership benefits
First up, consider signing up for the e-VIC program. e-VIC members get access to a wide array of benefits:
- Coupons that may be downloaded to and redeemed through the HT mobile app.
- Items of the Week discounts that are automatically applied at the register.
- A chance to win $100 in free groceries every week.
- A chance to win a vacation, trips, and tickets to professional sporting events.
- Fuel Points. Eligible purchases earn you Fuel Points – each $1 for participating items earns you 1 Point, each dollar for gift cards earns 2 Points, while non-federally funded prescriptions earn 50. Every 100 Fuel Points save you 10 cents per gallon. Savings go up to $1 per gallon for 1,000 points (35 gallons max).
Check out the weekly ad at your local store. To do this, visit the weekly ad webpage, type in your ZIP code, find your Harris Teeter store, and click “Select”. You’ll see deals running during the current week. You’ll find special e-VIC member prices, “buy 1, get 1 free” deals, and not only.
HT credit card perks
In case you are looking for a credit card provider, the Harris Teeter card may be a good choice. It offers the following perks:
- One-time $30 statement credit.
- Rewards that may be used to get free groceries.
- Travel assistance services.
- No annual fees. For more info about no-fee credit cards, read our guide here.
Interesting facts about Harris Teeter:
- In 2013, rival retail company Kroger acquired Harris Teeter for $2.5 billion.
- Harris Teeter operates in 7 southeastern states (Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia) and in the District of Columbia. There are 260 locations in total, with 150 of them (57%) situated in North Carolina.
- According to Charlotte Magazine, the Harris Teeter at the intersection of Providence and Queens in Charlotte, North Carolina, is a dating hotspot.
- In 2020, AFC sushi sold at two Harris Teeter retail locations in North Carolina was linked to more than 150 illnesses.
- Harris Teeter mascot dragon Harry has a free cookie stand in most HT bakeries. These are meant for kids, but adults shouldn’t have issues grabbing a cookie as well.
* Photo by Mike Kalasnik on Flickr. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic. Resized and cropped from original.