While they’re not a subject you hear about every day, dental implants have been gaining popularity at a massive pace, and becoming a more and more common solution to certain dental issues. This is unsurprising, as there are numerous benefits to utilizing them to solve such problems. If you’ve never looked at the benefits of dental implants and dental implant pricing, you may be highly surprised by what you find!
Related Topics (ads)
According to Valley Dental Health , dental implants are popular because they 1) Function like natural teeth; 2) Don’t move around in your mouth; 3) Last for the rest of your life; and 4) Help you preserve your jawbone.
These benefits are leading more and more individuals to look into dental implants for themselves, and as a result, the procedure has become more popular than ever before.
Are dental implants right for you though? Read on to find out more about the benefits, costs, and risks involved in getting them!
Dental Implant Prices
According to Dentaly.org , dental implant costs can range substantially.
As a result, many people will look for ways to save money on them. The best way to do this is to thoroughly research your options online. This allows you to make an educated choice on whether dental implants are right for you, and the best way to go about getting them.
Does Insurance Pay For Dental Implants?
According to WebMD , dental insurance typically does not cover dental implants. However, this depends on your insurance plan, as well as perhaps on the cause of tooth loss. Some insurance providers may provide more limited coverage than others too. Again, the most important thing is to fully research the situation as it relates to your specific needs and your specific insurance, as no two situations are identical.
How Are Dental Implants Prepared And Installed?
A full dental implant procedure – including preparation and installation – is a sequential process that is broken up into a number of parts. Generally, here are the steps that your dentist will take from start to finish :
- The dentist will review your medical history, perform a comprehensive dental exam, and develop a treatment plan.
- If necessary, the dentist will remove damaged teeth or perform jawbone grafting.
- The dentist will place the dental implant into your gum.
- After the placement of the dental implant, bone growth around the implant begins. The jawbone bonds with the surface of the implant, providing sturdy support for it. This process can take several months.
- Next, the dentist will place an abutment – a connecting element used to hold the crown.
- Finally, you will choose your artificial teeth.
5 Common Myths About Dental Implants
Dental implants are also surrounded by a number of myths that we’d like to address. Particularly, we’d like to mention 5 myths presented by Dentistry.com .
Though seemingly harmless, myths like these may keep people from getting dental implants when they would actually tremendously help them in the long term. As a result, it’s crucial to distinguish between actual facts relating to dental implants and and common misconceptions.
With that, here is what Dentistry.com thinks about the top 5 dental implant myths:
- Dental implants don’t work for most people. Research has shown a 95-98% success rate for dental implants, so you are extremely unlikely to have issues with them – (as long as you deal with a responsible dentist and take proper care of the implants).
- Dental implants don’t work with weak jawbones. Bone grafting can address this issue, so a weak jawbone isn’t an impassable obstacle, though it does make the procedure more complicated and time-consuming.
- Dental implants need plenty of maintenance. Caring for dental implants is the same as caring for healthy teeth – just be sure to brush and floss regularly, avoid smoking, and eat healthy foods.
- Dental implants are free of complications. Dental Implants are almost always successful, as noted above, but there can be some mild to moderate complications, especially if you don’t care for them properly.
- Dental implants are unreasonably expensive. Dental implants can range dramatically in price, depending on your location, healthcare system, insurance, specific dental issues, and many other variables. This is why it is so important to fully research your options.
Dental Implants Could Dramatically Improve Your Quality Of Life
A dental implant could restore your jaw and let you smile without embarrassment and chew food like you are 20 years old again! That’s why they’ve become so popular!
Is getting dental implants the right decision for you though? That’s up to you to decide! Either way, it is clear that Dental Implants have undergone incredible advances in recent years, and the available options and prices may seriously shock you!
Related Topics (ads)