Is There A Del Taco Senior Discount?
At the moment of this guide’s writing, Del Taco didn’t have an “official” senior discount policy. However, we’ve seen some claims online that guests aged 55 or up get 10% off.
Many Del Taco restaurants are run by franchisees rather than Del Taco itself. This means that prices and deals may vary significantly from location to location. So for the most up-to-date info, ask at your nearest Del Taco – they may be willing to knock the price down for seniors.
Are There Any Other Ways To Save With Del Taco?
The official website of Del Taco features a few ways to save money.
First up, check out the Specials webpage. Here, Del Taco displays currently running deals, like Taco Nights. Taco Nights are held two days a week:
- Tuesdays from 3 PM to 11 PM. On Tuesdays, Del Taco offers 3 Value Tacos for $1.49.
- Thursdays from 3 PM to 11 PM. On Thursdays, you can get 3 Grilled Chicken Tacos for $2.49.
Taco Nights hours and prices may vary between restaurants.
You can find some other deals on the Specials webpage as well. Among other things, Del Taco gives you 2 free Del Tacos for downloading the Del app, while new Fan eClub members get 2 free Del Tacos upon joining.
Speaking of the Fan eClub, members also regularly receive coupons, opportunities to try out new products before they are made available to the public, and free Premium Shakes on their birthdays.
By the way, if Del Taco’s savings opportunities don’t excite you, check out Taco Bell – its more popular competitor.
Interesting facts about Del Taco:
- In 1999, Del Taco came up with the masked “Del Taco” mascot for its marketing campaigns. Due to the mascot’s close resemblance to the Zorro character, the company was soon sued by TriStar Pictures and Zorro Productions Inc. – owners of the Zorro trademark. The lawsuit was settled in 2000.
- In early 2020, Business Insider published a review of Del Taco. The author wasn’t impressed by the meals Del Taco offered.
- According to Food Beast, asking the cashier to “Go Bold” on your order gets you “secret sauce” and fries with any item on the Del Taco menu.
- Thrillist claims that Del Tacos in Inland Empire, CA, have a secret burrito called “Stoner Burrito”. This burrito can only be ordered by name, but not every restaurant knows how it’s made.
- Del Taco was originally founded as Casa Del Taco. In 1973, it was renamed Del Taco, Inc.
* Photo by Jason Lam on Flickr. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic. Resized and cropped from original.