Is There A Busch Gardens Senior Discount?
Busch Gardens doesn’t appear to have a senior discount program. Some online sources claim that seniors aged 50 and more get $3 to $5 off when presenting their ID at the gate, but there is no official information to confirm or deny this.
But fortunately for senior visitors, Busch Gardens offers plenty of other ways to save!
Do note that offers may vary between the parks. For example, the Williamsburg park had a 30% Spring Sale at the moment of this post’s writing.
You get better deals when buying tickets for multiple parks (Tampa) or days (Williamsburg).
At a glance, here are the benefits you get with an annual pass:
- Unlimited admissions for 12 months.
- Free guest tickets.
- Free parking.
- Discounts for in-park services.
Keep in mind that there may be some subtle differences between Tampa and Williamsburg passes. For example, Tampa passes are billed on an annual basis, while Williamsburg passes are billed either annually or monthly, depending on what you choose.
As an alternative to an annual pass, you may get a Fun Card (Tampa and Williamsburg have separate Fun Cards). Fun Cards offer unlimited visits for a limited time (typically about 6 months), but their set of benefits is much more limited than in annual passes.
Finally, check out military discounts – both Tampa and Williamsburg locations have them. But do keep in mind that there are significant differences between the discount terms – most importantly, the Tampa location only offers discounts to active military members, while Williamsburg has discounts for both active and passive members.
Interesting facts about Busch Gardens:
- The Busch Gardens park in Tampa – the first ever Busch Gardens location – was opened in 1959 by the Anheuser-Busch brewery to promote its products.
- Busch Gardens used to have locations in Houston, Texas, (1971-1973) and Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California (1966-1979).
- Busch Gardens used to offer free samples of Anheuser-Busch products, including beer. This promotion ended in 2009 after Blackstone Group acquired SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. Additionally, after the acquisition, employees would no longer receive two cases of free beer a month. However, Busch Gardens temporarily brought free beer back for visitors in 2019.