Is There A Best Buy Senior Discount?
No, Best Buy doesn’t have a senior discount program. However, you should still ask at your local Best Buy – some stores may discount prices for seniors.
Even if your Best Buy location doesn’t have a senior discount, don’t give up just yet – there are other ways to save with Best Buy!
Other Ways To Save With Best Buy
To get started, navigate to the Best Buy website and click on Deals in the top menu bar. In the drop-down menu, you’ll find links to Top Deals, Member Offers, and deals by category, among other things. We’ll have a look at the most notable offers right now.
My Best Buy membership
If you aren’t a My Best Buy member, consider getting a membership. Members get access to:
- Free shipping and free delivery on certain items.
- Rewards points from your purchases (from 5% to 6%, depending on your My Best Buy tier) when using the My Best Buy Credit Card.
- Exclusive deals that are unavailable to nonmembers.
- Early access to sales events.
My Best Buy has three membership tiers – you can find a comparison table here. You can upgrade your membership by making purchases with Best Buy. $1,500 in purchases per calendar year earn you the second My Best Buy tier, while the highest tier with the best benefits requires $3,500 annual purchases.
Deals of the Day and Top Deals
Click on Deals of the Day or Top Deals (either at the very top of the Best Buy webpage or in the Deals drop-down menu) to navigate to the respective deals webpage. Best Buy knocks the price down quite significantly, so you should check the deals webpages frequently.
Best Buy also allows you to view available deals by category, so if you are looking for something specific, just pick your product category.
Best Buy outlet deals include clearance items or open-box appliances. Most products that you’ll find here are covered under warranty and are backed by the Best Buy Return & Exchange Promise.
To get access to outlet deals, you’ll need to view available Best Buy locations and then pick the one that’s closest to you.
Price match guarantee
Best Buy has a price match guarantee as well. If you find a product from qualifying local or online competitors for a lower price than at Best Buy, Best Buy will match the price. There are certain terms and exclusions – make sure to read them on the Best Buy website.
Interesting facts about Best Buy:
- In 2015, Yahoo! Finance named Best Buy the largest electronics retailer in the United States.
- In 2019, Forbes wrote that Best Buy would continue to dominate the market of electronics and technology due to several reasons, including its technical support plans, focus on service memberships (like the mentioned technical support plans), and its huge inventory of electronics.
- Best Buy was launched in 1966 under the name “Sound of Music”. The company was renamed Best Buy in 1983.
- In the Fortune 500 list of 2020, Best Buy occupied the rank of 75. Fortune 500 ranks the US’s largest companies by revenues, with BestBuy having $43.638 billion in revenues in 2020.
Bonus: Here’s 10 ways to save at Best Buy according to ‘The Deal Guy’ on YouTube!
* Photo by Mike Mozart on Flickr. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic. Resized and cropped from original.